At Floyd’s 1921 Restaurant, we take pride in bringing together local farmers, growers, eateries, breweries and more to create unique culinary experiences on the Crystal Coast. We’re back at it again this Thursday, April 21st, collaborating with North Carolina Breweries, North Carolina Creameries, and our incredible local team to bring you a delicious five course tasting for just $25. Tickets are available at the restaurant all week.
Have you heard of White Street Brewing? This small, locally owned brewery takes pride in creating truly unique craft beer. You don’t have to travel to Wake Forest to sip on White Street’s flavorful ales and lagers, although we do recommend touring their incredible brewery if you’re in the area. Five unique selections are on tap for a beer tasting on the Floyd’s 1921 patio this Thursday, April 21st at 5:30. Along with each ale and lager, you’ll be treated to Chef Floyd’s famous homemade sausage, perfectly paired with an incredible selection from local creameries, including Goat Lady, Chapel Hill Creamery, Ash County Cheese, The Cultured Cow, and Looking Glass Creamery.
During this delicious five course beer tasting, you’ll enjoy a wide variety of White Street’s best, including:
- Grapefruit Session IPA: Don’t call me fruity! I pack a mean citrus punch.
- Kolsch: 2014 World Beer Cup® Gold medal winner for German-Style Kölsch, known for its subtle fruitiness aroma extending to the palate with hints of pear and melon.
- Scottish Ale: Herbal and spicy notes play nicely in a caramel essence to produce a beautifully sessionable beer.
- Hoptimism IPA: a hop showcase that spares no expense to impart a positive outlook to the most discerning hop heads. This glass-half-full IPA has notes of pungent citrus and earthy resins with an uplifting malt balance.
- Milk Stout: a creamy, heavily roasted brew to finish things off.
Chef Floyd has something special lined up in the kitchen including his perfectly paired, famous homemade sausage. Are you ready to get your mouth watering? Here’s what we have in store:
- Polish Sausage with Red Onion Marmalade, paired with chef cheese
- Seafood Sausage made with Scallops, Shrimp, and Lobster, served with fondue
- Spicy Italian Sausage with Onions and Peppers, paired with fried cheese curd
- Beer Brots with Kraut and Mustard
- Smoked Andouille Sausage with chocolate lab cheese
Not lucky enough to be around this Thursday? We have a lot going on this weekend, including Bands of Summer live on the patio Friday and Saturday night! Join John C. Nelson for acoustic hits by the fire on the 22nd, or enjoy everyone’s favorite bluegrass duo, Now & Then, on the 23rd.
Your friends are thirsty. Share this post on Facebook to spread the word about the White Street Beer Tasting at Floyd’s 1921, this Thursday, April 21st.